Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Music Festival Day 2

Alright, so Day 2 of this music festival is significantly cooler than Day 1... had 2 chamber groups ... one w/ a teacher I've already studied with and playing Haydn. It's a boring piece, but the violinist is pretty cool... a kid named "Marti" who happens to be Armenian & is into rock music...

The second is w/ a teacher who's name I didn't catch, but the other 2 kids in it were way better than me, so I'm like super-intimidated & have a crazy amount of practicing to do... I know I've gotten better already just from the work I've done up here so far... and the teacher was actually able to talk about bowing during our session - it's exciting to get coached by a string teacher...

Plus, on my way out, I met a girl who was wearing a nightwish shirt... super cool!!

I tried to get into Orchestra, but they had way too many cellists... oh well.

Alright... gonna waste some time on the internet & then I've got loads of practicing to do...

No comments: