Friday, September 7, 2007

Not Quite Keeping Up the Pace...

Wow, it has been an intensely busy week!

I had my lesson to day, and it was good/productive, but I went into it a little underprepared... and, though I've been making good progress since coming back to school... I'm starting to lose sight of the vision just a bit... though not being really prepared for my lesson, sorta kicked me into shape, and it's amazing to see the effect that technical work has been having on me...

Still though, it's been hard to practice everything I'm supposed to be working on & on top of that, I realized earlier today that I haven't actually practiced piano for the whole 2 weeks that I've been here, which is really bad, b/c I'm supposed to know this piano piece by monday (It's cool, it's a Lydian Nocturne)... thankfully, I've learned how to work on pieces and memorize them from keyboard harmony & from all my cello work since summit... it's just a matter of finding the time to put in for piano on top of finding the to put in for cello... I want to get at least a few days where I practice for 6 hrs. a day... I miss doing that...like3 hours has been really inspiring, but I know that I could do so much more with 6 & I *really* need to step things up so that I at least have a chance of making it into conservatory in 3 years.

On a good note though, my technical improvements keep making me think of Mr. O, which is incredibly inspiring, and my bow arm is getting a lot smoother/I'm playing in the string a lot more... I may be cutting off a day from work at some point since I've got so much going on...

I had to turn down what seemed like a really sweet opportunity to play in a musical... the pay wouldn't have been that great, but still, it would have been amazing... that kind of sucked, but oh well... also, I responded to an ad that was looking for a cellist to play the Kol Nidre service, so hopefully I've got that gig... can't wait to hear back from them...

I guess that's it for right now... in my last two lessons, I've plowed through Bach Suites 1 & 2 ... now I just have to technique the crap out of em & have them completely memorized & up to performance standard in about 3 weeks ... I also have to create my program notes very, very soon... that should be cool...

No comments: