Friday, February 15, 2008

Songwriting...

Did some more songwriting tonight... well maybe piece-writing would be more appropriate (where as the piano thing I wrote recently is a full song concept that I worked out a basic arrangement for, these were just ideas or sections... probably of separate songs)

It ended on a good note, and I really liked some of he stuff I was doing... I often get into this creative block w/ piano and improvisation, where I keep going doing/playing the same pattern or patterns...

Doing it on a keyboard (as opposed to a piano ) really helped... I'm very encouraged by it & I ended feeling good... I want to write more but I need to chill...

Still burnt out on this whole music thing... my cello teacher said that was natural (cuz I had the competition last week) .. maybe he's right...

Anyway, we did Beethoven & Irish Folk Music in the lesson today... it was a good break... in the meantime, I have all this non-music stuff I need to catch up with, but all I want to do is make (write/create) music...

Got asked about being in a band and might have another cello student... excited about both of those... also concerned... though depending on what lessons pay, maybe I'll finally be able to quit Barnes & Nobles??

Sometimes we just need to step away and breathe... I'm considering the possibility of maybe staying an extra semester so that I don't have to keep credit overloading myself... if I did that, I'd be able to drop a class now & not take as full of a schedule next semester... I don't know if that makes sense or not though... I'll think about it, then bring it up w/ my advisor...

Edit: Terry, thanks for your response on my other post... I'm probably gonna answer it up with a follow-up post (as opposed to just a comment) soon.

1 comment:

Warm fuzzies said...

I was wondering if you knew of any good five-string cello parts. I just got a dedicated-electric five string (E up to A, so low bass) cello. You seem to be the kind of person who would know where to look.

Good luck with your music career - if only I could, I would too!