Sunday, April 13, 2008

Oh My God! So Cool

So today consisted of:

1. Recording the Manhattanville Orchestra
2. Playing with the St. Thomas Orchestra
3. Getting a call from Julia Lichten!!

Recording the Orchestra was an exercise in "How the fuck do I get this to work" ... it was very interesting ... the new theatre (Gymatorium) is uh ... really not built for an orchestra ...

Playing with St. Thomas Orchestra was amazing ... I got involved by randomly meeting my teacher's stand partner & discovering that we both played cello ... so I show up for rehearsal today & read through Dvorak's Slavonic Dances & for the most part kept up (had to drop out at some of the crazy runs, but I still kept with the orchestra)... it was really encouraging ... means I've been doing good work ...

Then we pull out the Bruch Violin Concerto ... turns out the soloist has been studying with Itzhak Perlman since she was a little kid ... so cool!!!!

That's the only time I can remember that I've come out of an orchestra rehearsal really excited ... also, Julia Lichten called me back!!! I'm trying to go to a concert of hers on Tuesday (with the rest of the Purchase String Faculty) ... depends on whether I can get my student to reschedule ... either way, I'm gonna find a way to get in touch with her... can't wait!!

No comments: