Thursday, February 10, 2011

Irish/Celtic Fiddle Music

Now that I'm all moved to Queens and have regularly functioning internet, one of the things I'm making it a point to do is always learn ... musically, I'm pursuing one of my oldest and deepest passions: Celtic Fiddle Music ...

I love this stuff like no other!

I feel really connected to it for some reason (I guess in part b/c I'm half Irish) ... but I love the reptition & variation nature of it & just the sound and feel of it all, especially with the ornaments and little stylistic quirks... there's so many great resources on YouTube & the internet for learning this stuff...

There's also a bar right next to me that has an Irish Music night on Fridays ... I'm going to go check it out ...

It's so cool becoming a part of an underground tradition of music that really resonates with me ...

that's what I'm going to do ... it's going to define my musical style in a very strong way & I will record a cd of Celtic music one day!

No comments: