Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Mathemusicians & the American Symphony Orchestra League

Had an interesting exchange with Eric Edberg, in response to his thoughts on Greg Sandow's blogging about the recent ASOL Conference (http://www.artsjournal.com/league/)

You can read the exchange here: http://ericedberg.blogspot.com/2007/06/sandow-and-his-inconvenient-truths.html

A really cool idea came out of it: video between pieces... I think video during pieces might be cool too, but anyway, go read the exchange there...

Also, for those of you on facebook, I discovered there is a really neat group that just started, called Mathemusicians ... Very interesting stuff & I think stuff that's potentially integral or at least useful to continued integration and value of arts education in schools and society.


Also, checking out the MENC website... I may get involved with it when school starts up...

Been taking it kinda easy on cello lately (though doing a lot more reading & expanding my musical base more)... starting to pick up again though b/c I noticed my technique went down a bit... some other neat stuff potentially planned, will blog about it as it happens...

No comments: