Sunday, June 10, 2007

A New Beginng - The Journey to Heavy Metal

So I actually started this blog months ago & then couldn't figure out how to get back into it for a while... anyways, I just did & I'm glad... I need to have some sort of music journal & I think a blog is the best way for me to do this... I was keeping a journal for a good long while & then my powerbook died... talk about a shot to the heart... at the moment I can't get to that journal... hopefully some day I'll be able to...

However, learning from that experience & stemming from wanting to share my ideas & teach and learn, I'm going to keep a somewhat regular journal here... hopefully I'll get some readers soon (will post in my facebook profile & on myspace... maybe even consider importing this on facebook, we'll see...)

Anyway, been going through a lot of stuff lately that's left me kind of down, but a good result of this all is that I'm determined to explore and forge a path for the cello in heavy metal... I think this is going to be the main thing I work on as an artist.

Why? Heavy metal has always been the music that moves me the most & I love listening to/playing it ... I want to follow in the footsteps of groups like Break of Reality & Apocalyptica...

In order to do that, I'm going to need to do some serious technical work & ear training as well as really learn heavy metal inside and out (after all, this stuff is meant to be played on keyboards and guitars!!) ... it's going to be my new focus... I've got some potentially exciting stuff coming up in that area, so I'll write about it as things start to happen...

In the meantime, 2 posts that I started on the Internet Cello Society:
1. Bridging the Gap Between Cello/Guitar & Classical/Metal
2. Some things I just don't understand...

guess that's all for now...

No comments: