Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Performance

Played the Brahms Trio earlier ... it went ok ... it had good moments & not good moments ... the concert was poorly scheduled (15 minutes after orchestra), so I didn't get a chance to run to the bathroom or eat or do any of my usual pre-stage rituals/routines ... so all in all, it went ok ...

Just, I'm really sick of performing pieces in a half-assed kind of way ... Nothing I've played on any performance has really been up to standard & I've never really been in control of it & fully making music out of all of it ... this needs to change ... from now on, I need to really have a piece down long before I'm going to perform it & be more than comfortable with it. The main thing that needs to happen is that my learning curve & planning need to be steeper in the early stages of work .. and I need more time of course.

Orchestra later ... gonna be lazy for a bit ...

1 comment:

Mike Lunapiena said...

A few people I've talked to about it seem to have had a fairly positive opinion about it ... I didn't get a chance to really ask a lot of folks though...