Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Maybe I don't need to be the same ...

I realized something in between the time I watched Zoe Keating play & now ...

Maybe I don't need to play cello the same as everybody else. I've always been really frustrated because my left hand technique barely looks anything like the really exceptional cellists I know ...

On the other hand, I'm able to play very expressively & able to move people (whether it's through my videos or live in a coffee house or at an Edensong show, etc.) ...

I also am progressively developing more and more precision/accuracy.

It's particularly when I improv that my technique goes kind of wonky ... it's also particularly when I improv that I feel free and able to be expressive (though at times I feel like I say the same thing over) ...

maybe it's ok to have a different technique ...

I'm not sure. What I do know is that I'm starting to improve & I'm really happy about that!

Going to sleep now so I can busk in the morning!

No comments: