Thursday, July 31, 2008

Summit Day 5 - Structure in Bach

Just had my second lesson with David Krieger. We worked on the 2nd Bach suite, and the theoretical structure in it (which he says I need before thinking of the spiritual aspects of it) we also worked on not letting the sound die out ... but basically on thinking about and realizing things like sequences and inner melodies & scales & stuff of that sort ... basically the same kind of stuff that Inna talked about, only more specific ... he also gave me some fingerings to use, which is very helpful..

We also spent half the lesson resetting my soundpost (first time in 4 years that I've ever knocked it down!)

We're going to work on Elgar on saturday after the concert ... he told me to skip the 2nd movement for now... he also told me to go bach (back, whoops!) to working on the Haydn Concerto, b/c it will really develop my thumb position (now that I think about it, the third movement is perfect for this!) ... I'm also gonna keep at doing the Dotzaeur etudes in thumb.

I find the quality of my intonation really varies based on how much I practice... but basically the more I practice, the better it is ... and it bother's me when it isn't ...

The lecture/concert was really cool ... made me care about the piece more ... it was Adam Kent & he did Schumann's Kresleriana ... I kind of want to put him in touch w/ Steven Isserlis ... I bet they'd like a lot of the same things...

Somebody asked me to find a harp teacher around my area ... if anyone's got any suggestions ...

No comments: