Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What do Metallica, Popper, Elgar & Weber have in common?

Their music is kicking my ass on cello!

Played along with a good amt. of the Kill 'Em All album earlier - which is cool ... just a few more things to learn and a little more technique pushing, and I'll be there ...

Popper is way hard ... and it's only #1!! It's really just down to a few measures ... and the fact that it's in triplets ... but anyway, once I get those measures down, I'll have the whole etude and can start speeding it up...

Dotzauer's a nice challenge/exercise in general ... moving it to thumb position is fucking hard!

Weber is yet to come ...

I'm also really tight from exercising the last couple of days, so it's making all this harder ...

I played at the library park earlier for like a good hour or so ... lots of playing today ... was fun, and occasionally a person or two took interest ... the little kids (as always) were the ones who took the most interest...
Alright, time for a small break, and then practice!

No comments: